Thread: 36 hr milsim event in Wisconsin

36 hr milsim event in Wisconsin

Hi,

Starting a discussion to understand what would it take to start a longer more involved milsim event format in our area. As a player, I would love to see a better form of gameplay in our state. I'm sure we have a large enough group of mature player base who would also like to see the same. We have many large fields in our area to support this format.

Thank you
    Sobo

I'd imagine the key would be to first have a top-notch crew running the event and keeping players motivated through each and every hour. Adequate location size for the headcount is a close second.

I only remember a few games in the area where there was a constant play concept, but not in recent times and not for the length.

Maybe a decade ago Apocalypse hosted an overnight game with teams camped out on opposite sides of the field... I think one camp was hunkered down near the pond and the other was back in the corner where the firebase currently sits. There were plans to rotate sleeping schedules and planned hourly missions, but a steady rain came with nightfall and by 1AM I think players and staff were ready to just dry off and sleep.

The Wargame Room field in West Bend ran a few daytime events where players were to bring everything they needed for the day onto the field for the 6 or so hours of continuous play. Looking back that's not really too bad, but it felt new and exciting at the time. The game also featured three factions with their own goals which led to some hilarious stories of backstabbing and scheming.

I'd be a bit more interested in an MSW-style event, but I now appreciate sleep in a much bigger way since having children. It'd be fun to take before and after photos, though.

I'd definitely love to try an event like this. It would be a huge undertaking getting the word out though!

Thank you for chipping in. My inspiration for discussion was also MSW events. As much as I'd like to go to one, life gets in the way. Besides, I always feel I'm not ready for them yet. There are multiple national level teams in our region and they are doing a great job at hosting events, but most of those events quickly turn into a constant death match without any heed to objectives.
    Probably to get a longer, stricter format going we need to start small with invite only games with dedicated players under specified command structure, in strictly regulated gear and uniform. Part of success of MSW is their dedicated cadre serving as platoon and squad leaders in the game.
    As with any hobby, airsoft follows a sine curve where playerbase and level of play varies due to factors like economy, social outlook on guns and popular culture. From my observation, we are again on an ascent and we need to capitalize on that.
    Has the wargame room closed? This would be the closest field to me if it exists. Where can I contact these guys?
    Getting the word out wouldn't be an issue if the right people are involved. The issue would be to generate an interest and willingness in a field and host team to create such an event from scratch.
    Once again, thank you guys for replying.
    Last edited by Sobo; 02-22-2017 at 02:54 PM.