Thread: Your experience of fields in Wisconin

Your experience of fields in Wisconin

This is by no means supposed to be a review but just the players experience of the lay-out of the field. This is also a good exercise to share info on many fields in the region which a surprisingly large no. of players are unaware about. I'll start...

1. Boneyard Paintball
    I named this field first because this is where I also started airsofting first, made friends in a new town/country/hobby. The field is a dedicated paintball field which is great for pickup games on a casual Sunday. A cqb style layout, it is big enough for 40-50 players at a time without feeling like a meat-grinder. Although I wish they kept some wooded area, instead of clearing it all out Unfortunately, lately there has been no airsoft here due to a stupid squabble and owners expecting a larger turnout than usual 15-20 players.

2. Apocalypse Airsoft
    Go to field for events and open-plays. Great field with multiple areas, can never get bored of going here. Castle, warehouses,tin city, town, swamp alleys. trenches all have something new to offer everytime I play. Only wish would be a two storied structure in town and revamping the town structures. Adam has a well stocked store here. Cant say no to free spaghetti.

3. Black Ops Airsoft
    Even on a casual weekend, the turnout here is huge. Central town, wooded areas, downed helicopter field it has a nice mix of regions. Fairly new field, hence not much structures but the plans for the field look amazing. There is always something new every time I go there.

4. Edge Paintball and Airsoft
    This field also has multiple elements like two castles, town, watch tower and wooded areas. Huge field, good turnout, good refs, well put together events make this a great place. The drive to this place is also kinda cool.

TBD...

The WAA Boards used to have a section to discuss the different fields in the state's region. It was nice having a thread for each site to post comments. I don't remember much griping, either...

Other sites I know of:

The Airsoft Arena in Milwaukee, WI
    The Siege Paintball in Mukwonago, WI
    Twin Cities Paintball & Airsoft in Glenwood City, WI

Apocalypse- Man, I've been going there for like 15 years! Still never gets old. Especially since they're always adding new stuff to the field!

Airsoft Arena- I always have fun when I go there. Sucks it's an hour away otherwise I'd go more often.

Edge Paintball- I've only been there once but it was a lot of fun.

[QUOTE=Crichton8008;3 Sucks it's an hour away otherwise I'd go more often. [/QUOTE]

Hahaha my average drive for a day of airsoft is four hours. It'd be great if there was a field in the appleton area. Really surprising that there isnt a field in that whole region. Should start hounding paintball places to let airsofters ruin their fields.

5] Commando Paintball: This is a place north of Green Bay and is mainly a paintball place which tolerates airsofters on a casual Sunday. This area is still like the wild west and the variety of airsofters you'll find here is pretty good circus. From hoodie militia to uber milsimers who havnt really been to a milsim game so far. Whatever TF that means. Chrono rules are sketchy, refs are superchill, paint all over your gear(cryers be crying), but I still like going to this place because its entertainment to watch cheaters, airsoft drama and just general cluster****. Also closer, so that helps.

6] Promised Land Paintball: This is the most complex terrain out of all the above fields. Hills, mounds, throughs, streams, bunkers. I definitely had the most fun getting lost in this place. If you're unfamiliar with the field, its very easy to get lost. More structures would definitely be a welcome addition. There are some bottlenecks which can create a stand off scenario. Definitely looking forward to going here again soon, hopefully when its not a 100degrees outside.

We have many good fields and a growing mature playerbase. I think we are definitely ready for something more involved than a day with a fancy name and loosely defined set of objectives and team structure. It gets old pretty quick.

Ouch! That sucks! Luckily I live in Madison. So, most events are pretty accessible.